Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Every duckdog has its day

Ania's vocabulary is growing pretty fast. And thanks to Dr. Seuss, I imagine it will soon include things like snergelly, nink, gruvulous, and woset. I'm amused to think how that will play out at school when she comments that somebody's outfit is extra gruvulous. Or that the nink ate her homework.

She has a bit of a cold right now and is spending her recuperation time demanding that many, many books be read to her. We have a Lorax-o-meter going. Mat got to 6 yesterday while I was at work. Today, The Mitten is her favorite, but we're only at 3 so far. She lugs the books over saying, "Mama. Book! Down. Chair. Yeah! + [attempt at title of book (whoa-whoa or mih-mih)]."


Maybe she'll pull out some Polish at school too. As in, "If you kids don't pipe down, that big bear will wake up and EAT you!"


And those glinty streaks coming from the Lorax? Ania radiates those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment